Friday, May 22, 2009

Mrs. Harrison - Final

I have mixed feelings about this one. It was challenging for several reasons: the reference photo was poor, the ends of her hair aren't very well defined, her blouse has some patterns that I had a hard time with, my son's shoulder covered her right side in the photo, and I'm kind of rushed for time. I had hoped to do two more teachers' portraits by the end of the school year, but that's in only three weeks. I'll be lucky if I can do Grant's preschool teacher in that time, not to mention the assistant teacher. I'll do what I can, as long as I don't sacrifice quality.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephen

You simply rock. Congratulations for your excellent work. Very fine job on tones. Perfect portraits!

cheers
jimmy

Stephen said...

Thanks a lot, Jimmy. I appreciate your comments. Hopefully my next one will be better!